Step process to remove car decals
- CLEAN the decal or sticker and the area surrounding it, you can use soapy water and a cleaning cloth.
- WARM IT UP. To remove the decal or sticker, heat it with a hair dryer. It will help to release the adhesive in the back of the decal and allow pulling it up with ease.
- SCRAPE UP under the sticker. When the decal or sticker is heated up, you can scrape up under the sticker with a plastic card at an angle and begin to peel it away. You can also use your fingertips and razor blade back to peel it away. But one important thing you should remember is: DO not use a razor blade or box cutter on car’s paint because it may damage it.
- If is necessary, use glue removal products carefully. You can use a dab of goo removal applied to a clean microfiber cloth and rub it on the glue residue. Let it stand for one minute to absorb and then remove the residue off with soapy water. It is necessary to repeat this process until the entire glue residue has come off.
- Finally wash again to remove any remaining dirt. The final step is to wash again, dry and wax the whole area to ensure proper removal as well as surface protection.
Newer Post →
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh